Tag Archives: after

Teenager with dairy allergy died after restaurant said his birthday dinner was safe to eat: Coroner – AOL

A British teen who died from anaphylactic shock while celebrating his birthday was told his dinner was dairy-free by restaurant employees, a coroner said Friday.  In 2017, Owen Carey was celebrating his 18th birthday at Byron, a U.K.-based burger chain, where he ordered a skinny grilled chicken burger. Carey warned restaurant staff about his severe dairy allergy… Read More »

'Fussy eater' (17) left blind and deaf after diet of chips, sausages and crisps

A teenager has been left blind and partially deaf after living off a diet of chips, sausages and crisps. The British 17-year-old’s diet was so bad he suffered from a condition normally only seen in malnourished third-world children. Researchers from Bristol Eye Hospital have published a report into the boy’s case, which believed to be the first… Read More »